Change is inevitable. Change is constant.
I used the enclosed “Cloud Computing” slide set to summarize the Paremus position with respect to Cloud at the OSGi Cloud workshop (EclipseCon 2010 – organised by Peter Kriens).
The slides attempted to communicate the following fundamentals:
- The Inevitability of Change
- The strong fundamental relationship between Agility and Robustness
- The need to Simplify through Abstraction
The implications being that:
- ‘Clouds’ need to be reactive runtimes; able to dynamically assemble and maintain themselves, as well as the composite business services which run upon them.
- Modularity through OSGi is the key enabler.
To explore these concepts further I will be publishing a series of short blog articles using the ‘Zen and the Art of Cloud Computing’ theme. Each article concerned with a specific idea, and how this is realized within the context of the Paremus Service Fabric.